Recess Approved Rainy Day Activities
1. Freeze Dance! Turn up the tunes and start a dance party in your living room! Don’t ask your kids and family first – just do it! When they see you are enjoying yourself, they are sure to join in. Blow up a few balloons or beach ball for added fun, or hand everyone scarves (towels, ribbon) to use when dancing. When the music stops FREEZE until it starts again. If you can’t hold your position, you sit out. Last man standing wins and you start again.
2. Pillow case relays. Give your littles each a pillow case and start a relay down your hallway. WARNING: Laughter may result!
3. Put on the rain gear and head outside to splash in the puddles! “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
4. Find an indoor recess class near you by searching here: http://recessandresults.com/programs-2/ If you don’t see one in your area, start one! Contact us for more info at email@example.com. Be sure to put the name of your city + state in the subject line for quick response.
5. Try our random act of kindness craft found here: http://recessandresults.com/random-act-of-kindness/