RECESS & RESULTS: AGES 6-11
CONFIDENCE is key in school age children, particularly as they are faced with the challenges of today (body image, peer pressure, bullying, unhealthy habits) and place value in being accepted by their peers. Recess & Results play-based fitness classes build positive self-image, teach healthy fitness and nutrition habits, and increase self-esteem + confidence + independence through entertaining exercise games with peers.
Recess & Results school-age classes include:
- Age-appropriate, entertaining exercise aimed to enhance physical skills at each participant’s unique pace, instilling confidence with each accomplishment
- Teachings of sportsmanship, cooperation, and healthy competition via team activities
- Play-based fitness games developed to promote optimal health + wellness in all participants
- An environment that embraces uniqueness and promotes acceptance of all individuals
- Opportunity for participants to act as RECESS LEADER, cultivating confidence, self-esteem, and leadership skills.
- Character development. All participants agree to follow class rules at the start of each Recess session. Rules are important not just in class, but are applicable to the outside world as well, aiding in the development of values for our participants. Rules are: 1)Always try your best 2)Respect yourself and others at all times 3)No talking when the instructor is talking 4)Have fun!
Recess & Results elementary classes aim to support and build on the following milestones provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics and Center for Disease Control.