In a world that seems to be divided over just about any topic… the one thing we can agree on is that we have much to be thankful for.
My hope is that these 5 fun activities bring joy, laughter, and memorable bonding time with loved ones as you gather for Thanksgiving.
- Turkey Tag! A favorite every year! All you need is a pile of plastic grocery bags and an open space in your yard, driveway, or family room. (I highly encourage playing outdoors, especially in the leaves and / or snow. It adds such a fun element to the game and fresh air + vitamin D is an added bonus that boosts immune systems!) Get the rules here.
- Worship walk. Start a new tradition with a worship walk after your Thanksgiving meal! Grab the entire family and walk around the neighborhood, taking turns sharing what you are thankful for and praising God.
- Family Football! Nothing says Thanksgiving like a friendly game of family football. Grab a ball (or frisbee) and hit the backyard or local park. You could even assign teams before Thanksgiving and encourage everyone to come dressed in team attire! Don’t forget to nominate 1-2 referees! First team to 21 wins!
- Tug-of-war. Not into football? How about a family game of Tug-of-war?!
- Turkey Hunting! Grab the nerf guns and go turkey hunting!! Print out turkeys, glue them to cardboard or a box, and place them around your yard (or house if you are brave). See who can find (and shoot) all the turkeys first! Work in teams or individually.
Happy Thanksgiving my friends! If you find these ideas helpful, please pass them on and be sure to share your pictures with us by tagging us on social media. Facebook Instagram
“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!” (Psalm 107:1)