Cook with your kids! Check out these easy recipes for kids to make
As parents you have a big job to do. You are preparing your children for every aspect of life. That includes helping them to establish healthy eating habits. These easy recipes for kids to make are ones that you can do together to start out with. They are so easy, though that your budding chefs could make them all on their own. Check them out.
Banana Berry Ice Cream
*Part of this recipe will need to freeze overnight
- 1 banana
- handful of your favorite berries (you choose)
- small amount of milk or almond milk
- First, slice the banana into pieces that are about 1/2 thick.
- Next, put the pieces into a zippered sandwich bag, seal and place in the freezer overnight.
- The next day you will need to take the banana out of the freezer and put the pieces into the food processor.
- Throw in a handful of your favorite berries. Blend.
- Pour in the milk or almond milk a few tablespoons at a time, blending after each addition.
- Continue with step 5 until it is the consistency you desire.
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can of tuna packed in water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs, then chop them.? Place in bowl.
- Open and drain the tuna and place in bowl with the eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
This recipe is great on lettuce, on crackers, in a sandwich or just by itself. It makes a nice change of pace from the PB & J when you pack your lunch.
You know that we should honor God with our bodies (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). This includes how we take care of them. Eating healthy and exercising are a big part of that. As long as you remember to keep things in a balanced perspective as 1 Timothy 4:7b-8 says, then you should be in good shape both physically and spiritually. Keep these easy recipes for kids to make on hand and don’t forget to visit Recess & Results for more ideas on how to stay fit.