Healthy Quick Snack Ideas for Kids
Remember your resolution to stay fit and healthy in the New Year? Staying fit can be achieved with the help of Recess & Results. What about eating healthy? Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean giving up snacks. As a matter of fact, trying to go long stretches without food is a good way to actually slow down your metabolism. The trick is to make sure that your snacks are tasty and healthy. Here are a few healthy quick snack ideas you might want to try.
- Nutty Pretzel Rods
- pretzel rods
- chocolate-hazelnut spread
- chopped peanuts
Spread the chocolate-hazelnut spread on the top half of the pretzel rods. Roll in the chopped nuts.
2. Bagel with Ricotta and Strawberries
- bagel flat, thin bagel
- 2 Tablespoon fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
Split the bagel in half so that you have an ‘O’ and toast one of the halves. Spread it with the ricotta and the strawberries. Drizzle with the honey or agave nectar.
3. Frozen Yogurt With Blueberries, Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Scoop up 1/2 cup of vanilla frozen yogurt, then top with blueberries and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Ants on a Log
- 3 celery sticks
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons raisins or dried cranberries
Top each washed celery stick with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 teaspoon of the raisins or cranberries.
5. Dark Chocolate and Nut Clusters
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted nuts
- 1 oz. melted dark chocolate
Mix together the nuts and the melted dark chocolate and drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper; refrigerate until set.
6. Snack Mix
- Nuts (pick your favorite)
- Whole grain cereal (Cheerios, shredded mini-wheats, Life, etc.)
- banana chips and other dried fruits
Mix them together. This is a great, portable snack. Let the kids help you choose what kinds of things you add in to this one and come up with your family’s favorite.
These are just a few of the healthy quick snack ideas you can find if you try. Always keep in mind to keep a healthy balance in what and how much you eat. Also remember that, ‘whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.’ (1 Corinthians 10:31)